Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I have been knitting...just not posting much.




Firstly, this is the Zephyr Style Tree Jacket. I love this pattern so much. This was my first attempt at a top down, in the round sweater and it has to be my favourite choice. I made the small size and used 5mm circs, the yarn was wendy aran with wool in Lagoon blue and I probably used around 650/700g (it was hard to tell as I had 2 400g balls but I have quite a lot left over)




This is yet another forest canopy shawl but again I adore this pattern and I will never get bored with it. This was the first for me that I have made using lace weight yarn though and the effect is just as gorgeous as 4ply, DK or aran...there aren't many patterns that adapt so well...to like, everything!
The yarn was a merino lace the was sent to me by a very lovely person but we don't actually know that much about it, which is a shame cos it is so nice. (sorry folks)


the next thing I have finished is this...

...CALORIMETRY!. These things are spreading like wildfire on the crafty threads n yarns forum. Personally I blame Franney ;) but they are cool so I ought to thank her really. :D


(i'll add clicky links to appropriate people and places tomorrow...it's just too late now and it's been sooooo long....i've forgotten how ;))

7 comments:

franney said...

Oh yeah, that's right, blame me! *LOL*
Actually, i did make the first one on the forum didn't i? i am just happy to be the instigator for once, usually it's me jumping on some band wagon or other :oD

I love the shawl, it looks so delicate in laceweight, i bet it's lovely and warm and it wraps round "one's" neck just luvverly!

Nice lot of FO's there luv, pat on the back an all that :oD

Linz Knits Now said...

Cheers Love! lol...It was a nice band wagon...I have orders for more...like I need MORE things to do. Amazing how non knitters laugh at you one minute then think you're a supreme knitting machine the next!!! sod em I say, unless they show real appreciation and comment on the stitch defintion ;)

gilraen said...

3 new knits Linz and up to your usual high standard. :)

I really love the sweater on you and the laceweight version of the FCS :)

Auntie Noo said...

I really love the sweater, it's such a good shape and fits beautifully.

Put a Sock in it said...

That jumper is fab, and it looks great on you! I've seen quite a few of their patterns knitted up now, and I love them.

The shawl is pretty spiffy too. :)

belaybunny said...

I see you're blaming franney too!!! The calomitery (I always spell it wrong, so apologies if it is so!!)

I love your tree jacket and the lace FCS. I might have the courage to try a shawl in laceweight again one day soon ;)

Craftybernie said...

Great Calorimetry - I've got one in a brown colourway of Arucania Alpaca yarn and it's a little scratchy to tell the truth. Must try one in cotton! TTFN :)