Sunday, August 17, 2008

200g of DK does make a jumper...

...if you use larger needles!
This little experiment was finished last week and as usual I posted pics of the finished article everywhere but here, (which means those who read here will have already seen it Doh!)

Anyhow here's Cobbled (together) Cable.
I used 200g of Grampian (remember that folks lol) DK with wool in a lovely 3colour twisted effect. I actually blagged it by using a generic top down method and 5.5mm needles. The stitch gauge is loose but not too loose so you can see your undies type of loose iyswim. It feels very light and is warm enough for British summer weather ;)

I'm actually quite liking the new set up of uploading pics...which for some reason won't work in Opera but will in AOL. So you can expect some playing around with fonts etc...I'm just going to bob off and cast on Wicked in some bargain aran I found yesterday.

3 comments:

Knot Another Knitter said...

Ooooh I LOVE that jumper!

MomThatsNuts said...

I am just beginning to knit! I dont think I could ever do anything that fancy! Lovely work~!

Mom

kathryn said...

It looks lovely!! I really like the texture and drape you get when you use larger than normal needles.