Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lovely Leftovers.

What do you do with yours?
Sometimes, a yarn is just sooooo nice that I feel the urge to use up every last bit. (A bit like you sock knitters ;))

The leftovers from my brimmed beanie (DB aran cotton) was brill to work with and seeing as it was cotton...a dishcloth was born.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I finished this in record time, 20mins! Just in time to wash the pots after dinner (NOT). Actually, i'm giving this to Mam to pacify her till I get her cardy finished lol.

6 comments:

Piglottie said...

Very pretty but come back from the darkside Linz :)

Auntie Noo said...

I see Piglottie still has her crochet phobia then!!! LOL It's lovely Linz and I like crochet!!!! I love knitted clothes too, I use them for everything from my face to the floor (obviously not the same one!) and they boil up all sterile and lovely! ahhhh

Linz Knits Now said...

LOL Piglottie...I only go and visit the darkside once in a while, it's fun ;)
I like my cotton cloths too...but I find it easier to crochet a round than knit one :D

Thankyou for your comments.

belaybunny said...

very nice. I'd not thought of crocheting dish cloths, and I do have some more leftover cotton. now I know what to do with them ;)

Nevisknitter said...

Thats lovely, how does a crochet cloth compare to a knitted one, cleaning wise?
The good thing about crochet is the speed it takes.

Linz Knits Now said...

Nevisknitter, I think both work absolutely fine :D
I have knitted lacy cloths and plain ones and if you want a less open cloth, you can always just work a cloth made of rows of doubles (I find these best for scrubbing with)