Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Additions And Fond Memories

As some of you, who know of me already, know...I became an Auntie on the 5th of July :D. My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and they have named her 'Millie Rose'.
Of course there has been some knitting and more will follow...here's a cardy to start with.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Naturally when new additions arrive into the family, it always makes me think of when mine were born. A trip to the attic of memories was just what I needed and sure enough I found something.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is a little doll I knitted for my eldest DD...nearly 14yrs ago...
I'm thinking of passing her on but she does needs a good wash lol...no! not DD ;) the doll.


And because i'm now on a roll...A few more pics!
Firstly, this was my lovely bookmark sent to me by Jacquie on the crafty threads n yarns forum.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's just fab.

And Dada!!!!! I finished the toeup/shortrow heel socks.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm currently in a knitting lull....I want to make too many things all at once and i've had to walk away...poor mum will never get her cardy at this rate.

9 comments:

belaybunny said...

Big congrats on becoming an aunite. I love the cardigan. And nice bookmark, lucky you. I do like your socks too, but you won't catch me trying toe up!! ;)

Nevisknitter said...

Love the little doll, is this your new family heirloom

Linz Knits Now said...

Thanks CJ....you will do toe up one day...I think everyone has a go...it's heels that are the hardest choice...short rows aren't that hard but they don't always fit every one.
nevisknitter....I hadn't thought of it has a heirloom but it might become one who knows :D

and last but not least...I'd like to say a big thankyou to aknita for showing me how to do links!!!!

Joy said...

You are very welcome KLB - it was Piglottie who showed me, so I can't take all the credit;)

I have enough trouble cuff down let alone toe up! I do like your baby knits you know, and what a treasure that little doll is.

Seahorse said...

Aw! I love the little doll!

Beautiful cardi - you will have the best dressed niece in town!

Auntie Noo said...

The doll is gorgeous - it should definitely become a family heirloom!

Linda said...

The cardigan is pretty. And I like your red socks too.

Piglottie said...

Congratulations on becoming an auntie! What a beautiful little doll - I think you should treasure her :) And such a pretty little cardi :)

Melody said...

What a lovely little cardigan! Really sweet! Another one who has never tried toe up... *holds up hands*

Debs xx