Wednesday, January 09, 2008

First post of 2008!

Okay, so i'm not exactly on the ball when it comes to blogging. (I bet that came as a shock didn't it? ;))

But HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! to everyone...I hope 2008 is a good un for you all.

I do have a couple of FO's and a WIP...I'll start with last years lol.






This was my practise hat...I made up a basic hat shaped pattern and used the snowflake chart from the lovely Anni's snowflake socks.
Fairisle will be a big part of 2008 I think.


Now back to this year...My first FO...what can I say, apart from 'Ds asked for it' :D



It's knitty's Nautie the Knitted Nautiloid (try saying that fast lol)
I think it's weird, DS thinks it's fab! (i'm not where the little knitted bug was made but he wanted in on the action too I think)

Next up are these,


The little sky socks from cat bordhi's new book 'New Pathways For Sock Knitters'
I love this book, ok...so it took some getting used to her descriptions of things but the diagrams are perfect and for the first time ever I get short rows.
I had a bit of a moment with the 'daughter, mother, grandmother stitches'(if you've read the book you may know what i'm on about)...I obviously got confuddled cos when I got to the bottom of my shaping, i'd found my long lost sister :)but now I like making these, so it's on to sock 2 (tomorrow)

And the WIP...well it's something i've already made before but if a patterns a good one, i'll go round the block with it!


Yes! It's another Tree Jacket...this time i'm sirdar aran with wool in a purple called heather. It's knitting up nicely but a tad thicker than the wendy aran so i've gone up a size to medium and it fits a treat. Not bad to say I was hoping this was going to be my first FO of 2008...ah well nevermind.

I'll try and post again before february :p

3 comments:

Joy said...

A very Happy New Year to you too Linz :-)Your blog was about as up to date as mine!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Tree Jacket, it's a lovely colour. And little Nautie is just fab!

Curly Cable said...

A Happy belated New Year to you too, your doing better than me on the blogging front, I'm dreadful must get round to posting soon.

Lovely Fo's the Nautie is super and the little socks are so cute.

The tree jacket is looking fabulous

belaybunny said...

And a very late happy new year to you too ;)

Love the tree jacket, hat and critter. Nice mini socks as well.