Monday, February 04, 2008

February??? where did January go?

Wow well that was quick...time for my monthly update I guess ;)
Well i've been sort of busy..this is a post of FO's (which i'm pleased about) and also I was given an award by the lovely Joy
Thankyou very much indeed :D
Now the problem with all these awards is that when you come to pass them on everyone has already been nominated previously..so I will go away and come back to this later on.

Right then, stuff :)

First up are the two things that have just won me the January Sock Yarn Challenge prize over at Crafty Threads n Yarns


My prize is a skein of yarn of my choice from n at the The Yarn Yard I've already chosen but i'll post a pic when it arrives so you'll have to wait till then...hee hee!


Then I made a matching hat...

..which is now owned by sis along with the wristwarmers! (you just can't have anything can you? lol)



These were also finished last month, after I had a panic about running out of yarn...which is not like me at all but there you go lol
My friend chose the yarn and the tidal wave pattern, so I would've been gutted if I had run out. Instead I have about 20g left rofl!! The yarn was/is Skein Queen's Plushness in Thames River colourway, it feels blummin lovely too :D


And finally here's me...

...wearing my Purple Tree (Jacket)which was supposed to be my first FO of the year but it got pushed out by the nautiloid ;)


Ciao For Now xxx

8 comments:

belaybunny said...

great knits as usual, but I do love that tree jacket best ;) wow, lucky you, didn't you win last Jan too??!!

Joy said...

Lovely knits Linz - and congratulations, I'm dying to see what you've chosen.

gilraen said...

Way to go you!!! What georgeous knits you busy girl!! You look fabulous :D

Congratulations on both counts, one well deserved and the other good fortune indeed :)

Linz Knits Now said...

Yes I did get chosen last January...I hope no-one thinks this is rigged lol but my stars have been banging on about my luck being in lately.


If anyone reads this before the weekend...and comments on my prize yarn post which will maybe on Sunday....I think i'm going to spread the love and pass on abit of something...

mogs said...

Maybe January is your lucky month - but then you didn't get to keep the hat or the wristwarmers. Knit yourself some with the yarn you choose!
I'm sure they'll all be over to comment in a minute!

Joy said...

Ooooohhhhhh! Surprises ;-)

I'll be with you in spirit!

Linda said...

You deserve the prize, enjoy it! They are great knits. x

murdo said...

Love love love your Purple tree!!!!